The medium-sized apiculture farm Petelin has been welcoming their visitors for years. Many of them visit the apiculture during the of events that take place in the village of Pliskovica (hikes, open day of »borjači« etc.). Others come because they are interested in the life of a honeybee colony, the work of a beekeeper, the type of beekeeping, the technology of transportable apiculture, queen rearing, honey production and its usefulness, as well as the production of other hive products. They offer two different presentations: one is for laymen (half an hour) and the other for beekeepers (one to two hours). After the presentation, the visitors can taste different sorts of honey. If requested, liqueur tasting, honey extraction demonstrations and visits to the apicultural premises are also possible.
Pliskovica is one of the biggest villages on the Karst plateau with beautiful views over the vineyards. Local winemakers offer tasting of the region’s typical wine “teran” and a stonemason organises a stonemason’s workshop.
• different sorts of Karst honey tasting
• sale of honey and hive products
• sale of liqueurs
• conference room for presentations, seminars
• presentation of apiculture for laymen
• presentation of apiculture for beekeepers – transportable apiculture and queen rearing
• presentations in different languages (Slovene, English, German, Italian)
• organisation of science days for children
• training course of apiculture – theoretical and practical
• possibility of local tourist guide
• up to 100 people
Accommodation at the apiculture farm Petelin is not possible. Accommodation is available at the Youth Hostel Pliskovica (www.hostelkras.si) or at Tourist farm Petelin – Durcik (www.petelin-durcik.si).
Beekeeping Petelin, Irma Petelin
GSM: +386 (0)51 470 907 ali +386 (0)41 544 987
Tel: +386 (0)5 76 41 683