Beekeeping Centre of Gorenjska
The Beekeeping Centre of Gorenjska offers many activities for beekeepers and everyone, who feel connected to bees and nature.
You can just stop by and enjoy on our beautiful summer terrace overlooking an apiary where you can treat yourself with a cup of coffe or delicious tea, a wide range of fresh juices, natural lemonade, smoothies or honey beer. Our shop is the place where you can buy everything connected to the world of bee; from beekeeping equipment to a range of bee-related foods.
To relax your body and mind you can choose body or face care with bee products in our massage salon. Ensure you have a prior appointment.
If you would like to find out more about beekeeping and honey bees, you can join us on our guided tour and discover the secret life of honey bees. Our apiary is specially adapted for educational purposes, so our visitors can observe life in bee hive through glass. In our modern centre, we also show how beeswax is transformed into honeycomb foundations which beekeepers use with their work; and also, how the honey is filled into jars. At the end of the tour you can taste different sorts of honey.
• personal advice to beekeepers
• education for beekeepers
• organization and conducting of the apiculture workshops in elementary schools
• filling the honey into the jars
• making honey comb fundations
• guided tours of apiary
• degustation of honey products
• workshop – painting beehive panels, making candles, getting to know herbs, bee perennials…
• science days for kindergartens, primary and secondary schools
• intergenerational workshops
• the exhibition space, where every month a new exhibitor presents
• groups up to 45 persons
• a small bar with terrace
• massage salon
• beekeeping shop (souvenirs, bee products – honey, pollen, honey liqueur, gingerbread, honey chocolate, beekeeping equipment…)
• modernly conference room, which can accommodate up to 100 people